Remember the glory days of sending faxes on a machine? Wherever you have internet, a computer, mobile phone or tablet then RingCentral Fax allows you to send and receive faxes from anywhere. This is how you do it.
Open your RingCentral softphone, scroll down and click "fax", then click "send new fax".
Enter a number you want to fax and attach a pre-populated cover page or create your own, upload it and hit "send now" or schedule your fax and "send later".
Some may be wondering "who still uses faxes"?
Although fax machines are a dinosaur, thanks to technology like RingCentral, many healthcare, legal and government agencies still fax for specific communicatons.
Some organizations may still be using legacy systems or infrastructure who still rely on physical fax machines, and for them switching to digital technologies requires significant time and resources. Digital faxes like RingCentral fax are more efficient, lower costs and improve security.
The nice thing about RingCentral and many other carriers is you get an all in one business communication system that handles everything, including the ability to fax without a fax machine.
How to send RingCentral Fax via Email
- Connect your email to RingCentral by logging in to your online account
- Click settings > Outbound calls/Faxes > go to Faxes sent via email
- Enter your email in the box saying "email addresses permitted to send faxes"
- Make sure to save
- In your email client, open a new email
- In the recipients box add the 10 digit fax phone number followed by "@rcfax.com"
- Attach a file you're going to send and add text in the subject line if you're going to send a cover page
This is what it should look like.